Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping that some of you have gone this route:

Have 9501LC for movies, want a high lumen PJ for daytime TV viewing in light filled room.

What have you folks gone with?

I am thinking about the LT260.

TIA

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
You probably won't be able to do it... and if you could, you'd probably need something the likes of a 2200L PLV70.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
As Jpinto says, a projector probably isn't the answer for a daytime light filled room use. Even though you'll by able to see the picture (using a PLV 70), PQ will be so sub-optimum you probably won't like it.

If you go that route anyway, another less expensive option is the Panasonic 720U which also does 2200 lumens.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Doesn't it also depend in part on the screen size and shape. I mean there is that 10x wide-angle screen and the 20x narrow-angle screen or Vutec's curved 13x gain screen... They are not flat, but they would provide a picture in daylight with even moderate lumens, I'd bet.

mark

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
PLV70 and one of Vultec's High Gain screens, maybe like the silverstar

James

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a Boxlight SE20HD (read PLV-70) and I have to agree with HTCrazy. While the picture is definitily watchable during the day when some light control is implemented, it is less than optimal. With fptv, ambient light is a problem. Of course, glare is a problem with just about anything. I am not a fan of rptv for the same reason. I agree, plamsa or direct view is the way to go in this situation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.