Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

Excuse my ignorance but how do you guys clean PJ lenses, and what do you use to clean the screen?

I have Sony G90 and Stewart screen.

I am afraid I have come dust settled on both during final construction stage.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Roman

·
Registered
496 Posts
The ability to wash the screen will depend on the type of material it is made from.

I would start with a feather duster regardless of the type of screen. If that doesnt work, and assuming you don't have a glass beaded screen, you aren't left much choice- so move to a very soft cloth with a tiny bit of water. Change cloths often so that dirt which has been picked up does not scratch the screen material. DON'T scrub- with some screens harsh rubbing will cut through the surface of the screen and you will end up with a spot which is brighter (or dimmer) than everywhere else...

Caution- I hope you don't, but if you have a glass bead screen just throw it away because you won't be cleaning it if a feather duster doesnt work. Any water/solvent/rubbing action at all will remove beads and possibly destroy the screen... :(

As for lens cleaning, I use photographer lens cleaning paper as other posters have suggested. Definitely avoid any type of solvent such as windex or the lens may be damaged...

--Kieth

·
Registered
912 Posts
Roman, I use Zeiss Lens Cleaner formulated for use on Zeiss anti-reflective multi-layer lenses. Good enough for Zeiss, good enough for me. Should be available at higher end photo supply shops. For a cloth I use the Orion Microfiber OptiCloth available from Orion (search the web please) I just had one of their catalogs the other day with the web site and I threw it away. Please don't use paper on those high grade G90 lenses. I blow off as much dust as possible, wet the surface and blot it, and then re-wet it and lightly wipe it with the Microfiber cloth so as to not to scratch the surface. You may be abe to find a Microfiber cloth locally too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.