AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 46" Samsung LED television (UN46F8000) that I need to remove from my Samsung Mini Wall Mount (WMN350M). Samsung specifically recommended this wall mount for my television. This style of wall mount has brackets that are first attached to the wall. Plastic knobs are then screwed into the back of the television. The television knobs are then inserted into the bracket holes and lowered a bit, which locks the knobs into place. This worked fine.

The problem is that I now need to move my television to another location and can't remove the television from the wall because the spring locking mechanism in the brackets is still engaged. I've since read several complaints about this problem and wanted to know if anyone has successfully removed a television from this wall mount (or the WMN250M, which is similar). I've read that a flat head screwdriver can help disengage the spring, but I'd like to hear from others. I would really appreciate any advice you could offer, as after days of e-mails and phone calls to Samsung, they have not been able to provide anything other than empty apologies. I couldn't be more disappointed in their customer service.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by haninger  /t/1524277/need-advice-on-how-to-re...on-from-samsung-mini-wall-mount#post_24528469

I have a 2013 46" Samsung LED television (UN46F8000) that I need to remove from my Samsung Mini Wall Mount (WMN350M). ..Snip.. I've read that a flat head screwdriver can help disengage the spring, but I'd like to hear from others. I would really appreciate any advice you could offer, as after days of e-mails and phone calls to Samsung, they have not been able to provide anything other than empty apologies. I couldn't be more disappointed in their customer service.

Hello,

I've just happened upon your post while browsing the forum and am sorry to hear of your situation. If you are still working to find a solution may I ask you to verify that this picture indicates the mechanism that you refer to as the spring lock.

My motivation now is to familiarize myself with the products used and offer any help by helping you or others by visualizing the situation and hardware.

From the product specs posted on amazon the HDTV you have mounted weighs in at 30.9 pounds.

The picture was captured via the
video here[/URL] for the WMN250M which you indicate as a similar item.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I enlarged the video capture and zoomed into the clip.. and now I see the latch spring action. Have you been able to rock the HDTV as if you were doing the fine level adjustment noted in the video? Will it rock? Have you attempted to lubricate that area albeit hard to reach?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
One thing I imagine that the wall brackets are composed of that would prevent a two person straight up dead lift is that the retaining spring clips NEED to be pushed flat to gain a measure of lift.

To do this have your area cleared as much as possible and get stable step ladders and another person. Using a non abrasive cover, drape it over the HDTV to protect against the pressure you will use with the palm of your hand to press the HDTV firmly into the wall (hence into the spring) while trying to lift vertically in a fluid motion.

Be prepared and cautious as one side (or one person) may succeed while the other is still latched. In that case.. reset the loose end, regroup, try again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, thanks so much for your replies! I really appreciate the effort you took to help me. I actually watched the same video when I installed the wall mount. Your last two posts identify the problem and probably the solution. I will wrap the television and work with another person to push the retaining spring clips flat with our palms as we lift. Again, thank you very much.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by haninger  /t/1524277/need-advice-on-how-to-re...on-from-samsung-mini-wall-mount#post_24554352

Wow, thanks so much for your replies! I really appreciate the effort you took to help me. I actually watched the same video when I installed the wall mount. Your last two posts identify the problem and probably the solution. I will wrap the television and work with another person to push the retaining spring clips flat with our palms as we lift. Again, thank you very much.

Any news on the removal?

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is a pain in the butt. I just did it 5 minutes ago. You will need a long standard screwdriver. You will need a partner to hold the TV for you. Have them tilt the TV out then reach back and slide the screwdriver into the spring steel retainer and twist the screwdriver slightly to push the spring steel back. Your partner will need to jiggle the TV until the mount can slide up in the slot and out. Then switch sides and do it again.

It took me about 10 minutes per side because the screwdriver gets jostled out of position as your partner manipulates the TV, blindly.

Strong recommendation against these hangers if you ever want to remove the TV again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts