AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just auditioned one and it looks and sounds great. The seller is asking 400. Is this a good deal? He does not know the exact build date as he is the 2nd owner. As a reference, the retail was 1900 and I know that Martin Logan does not support the Logos panel anymore.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by is250sp
I just auditioned one and it looks and sounds great. The seller is asking 400. Is this a good deal? He does not know the exact build date as he is the 2nd owner. As a reference, the retail was 1900 and I know that Martin Logan does not support the Logos panel anymore.
If I had $400 free for a purchase like that I would in a heart beat. Anyway ML does support the Logos.

http://www.martinloganowners.com/for...Logan-Products

Quote:
Loyal MartinLogan customers,

Recently we announced a decision to discontinue our service support for certain legacy MartinLogan products that are no longer in production.

Wellwe messed up.

Today I'm pleased to announce, after much discussion, the following:

1) MartinLogan stands behind every speaker made and will offer lifetime service and support for every model.

2) We will still offer a Loyal Customer Discount Program option to upgrade to a current production ML model, should your legacy ML product need service.

We need to refocus some energy on providing the best possible customer service, and it starts here with our most loyal and long time customers.

Forgive us for our blunder and we hope you continue to enjoy your MartinLogan speakers for many years to come. Please contact us directly at 785-749-0133 with any service issues or for more information about our Loyal Customer Discount Program.

Warmest Regards,

Justin Bright

Marketing Director
Buy it or send me the link.
LOL

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Tch0rT| /forum/post/20764223

If I had $400 free for a purchase like that I would in a heart beat. Anyway ML does support the Logos.

http://www.martinloganowners.com/for...Logan-Products

Buy it or send me the link.
LOL

I just spoke with Martin Logan Service Associate and she says they dont make panels for the Logos anymore

·
Banned
2,914 Posts
Instead of asking if THEY will support it, find a local "speaker fix it shop" and ask if they know if they can find parts. The film(the most likely thing to be screwed up) can probably be "made to work" if designed for another speaker and just "re-engineered" for the Logos.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by schan1269 /forum/post/20775679

Instead of asking if THEY will support it, find a local "speaker fix it shop" and ask if they know if they can find parts. The film(the most likely thing to be screwed up) can probably be "made to work" if designed for another speaker and just "re-engineered" for the Logos.

No disrespect but seriously? A band-aid fix? I would rather pay extra for original parts but thats just me

·
Banned
2,914 Posts
I have an Austin-Healey Sprite(came to me and the wife in 1993). Do you think I've used AH original parts on it?

Speaker companies are not automotive companies. They are NOT required to keep a certain amount of "spare parts" around.

If you are that worried about buying a speaker and "never being able to fix it"...never buy speakers.

Only in the "rare occasion" do the original manufacturers, or outside companies, keep parts for old stuff around...

Klipsch still makes the Heritage line. Who knows for how long.

Regnar makes parts for the Dahlquist DQ10. Who knows for how much longer.

OHM is about the only manufacturer that keeps support for everything they've ever done...and mainly cause(except for cosmetics) nothing ever changes.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by is250sp
I just spoke with Martin Logan Service Associate and she says they dont make panels for the Logos anymore
Weird that they say they support all models but then say they don't make the panels for the Logos anymore? Ask some people over at www.martinloganowners.com there's a lot more people over there that know a ton about ML products.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.