AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, recently moved into a new home and there are three (3) Klipsch R-5650W (Left, Right, and Center) in wall speakers, and two (2) Klipsch CBT-2650 (Rear Surround) in wall speakers. I currently have the Onkyo TX-SR508. I use this system hooked up to my HTPC, PS4, and Fire TV. I plan on TV - 50%, Movies - 35%, and PS4 - 15%. My budget is around $500 and I am looking for a 5.1 receiver with 4K, 3D, wi-fi compatibility. The older 508 I have has some handshaking issues sometimes so I need something that I wont have that issue with. I'm pretty sure that's all the info I can think of. I am not tied to any certain brand, although I know Onkyo has had some quality issues lately. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ok, recently moved into a new home and there are three (3) Klipsch R-5650W (Left, Right, and Center) in wall speakers, and two (2) Klipsch CBT-2650 (Rear Surround) in wall speakers. I currently have the Onkyo TX-SR508. I use this system hooked up to my HTPC, PS4, and Fire TV. I plan on TV - 50%, Movies - 35%, and PS4 - 15%. My budget is around $500 and I am looking for a 5.1 receiver with 4K, 3D, wi-fi compatibility. The older 508 I have has some handshaking issues sometimes so I need something that I wont have that issue with. I'm pretty sure that's all the info I can think of. I am not tied to any certain brand, although I know Onkyo has had some quality issues lately. Any help would be appreciated.
You'll have to wait until the 2015 line of AVR's for true 4K (HDMI 2.0 [18Gbps], HDCP 2.2)

Actually, I think Pioneer may have just come out with two ACTUAL 4K AVR's. I think only 2 of the HDMI in's are true 4k compatible though.

The VSX-1130 (7.2, Atmos) is listed at $599 and the VSX-830 (5.2) is listed at $399. Also, I think they're only up for preorder right now.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Wait till Late Summer/Fall!;)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Some of the ONKYO AVRs have HDCP 2.2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts