AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, I am in need of advice from the more savvy audioholics here...

I am wanting to upgrade from my current Pioneer receiver model VSX-D912K. It has been a FANTASTIC receiver, extremely reliable, with zero problems and very powerful for my needs. Only reason I am wanting to upgrade is to benefit from the more recent encoding formats such as DTS Master Audio etc, which this older receiver cannot natively decode.

My requirements are as follows:
7.1 minimum
100W per channel minimum
Decoding of DTS MA and similar newer formats.
A/B speaker setup, or Zone B (I am driving a stereo pair of speakers in another room).
Proven trusted design without significant quality issues.
Budget up to 400 or so.
Preferably a used older model, fine by me!

I don't really care for Atmos. HDMI I can live without out, but I think this is required for DTS MA anyway. I wouldn't use it for video, I have a direct run to Projector.

I had been searching for used Pioneer models, but it seems that as soon as they added HDMI (presumably shortly after I purchased my current unit) the quality of these Pioneer's has been spotty at best. So I am open to other brands.

Anyone know what older models I should be in the lookout for? Thanks!

EDIT: I am using PS3 Slim as my bluay player. I know it can decode DTS-MA internally and send LPCM to receiver, but only via HDMI (which my current receiver does not have). if anyone knows of a way to get this decodeed DTS-MA to my receiver, let me know. :)

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ended up buying a Yamaha v673. I hope this is a good choice!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts