AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I hope this is the right forum--AVS has a lot more subsections than when I last visited! Anyway, I'm trying to tweak a new setup, and I was hoping you could help.

Here's what I have:
Acer Revo 3700 PC w/ HDMI connection to a Samsung 50" HLS5087W DLP TV

I've run into a variety of issues with videos--choppiness, freezing, etc. I can't seem to get a resolution setting that will let me run 720p (and certainly not 1080i/p) videos with any consistency. Right now, I've got the resolution at 720p, 1176x664, 60Hz refresh, 32-bit color depth. It seems to work if I am running 480p videos, but anything higher is a mixed bag.

Does anyone have any suggestions for ideal settings in a configuration like this? Also, if anyone can explain why the desktop overscans or never seems to be properly centered, I'd love the insight. I always seem to have to adjust edges of the image, and it's never even on all sides.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
True, but a pi is meant to work with a tv and I have used it to play bd rips and it's only a b+. I was a little surprised.

Maybe you just need to find updated drivers. I have inflicted much pain on myself trying to get underpowered pcs to play reliably.

I looked around a bit and no one seems to have luck with a 525 for hd video.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts