AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has any advice? I currently have a 5.1 setup in the living room with an RC-52 ii, KF-28's in front, and some KEF C1's for surrounds. Was thinking about adding some RF-42 ii's to replace the C1's as surrounds. I moved my JBL 180's from the bedroom to see how I liked using tower's as surrounds, and thought the sound was a lot fuller.

Would anyone recommend any of the RB ii's or the RS ii's over the RF-42 or maybe the 52's (52's becoming hard to find in black). Was thinking about getting some RF-82's and moving the KF-28's to the back, but the KF-28's are just too big to be used as surrounds in my current living room, I also am not sure if the RC-52 would keep up. I am unable to hang bookshelves from the wall (renting).
Thanks.

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
I would think you'd be better to focus your attention on upgrading your front speakers to the RF series to better match your center :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would think you'd be better to focus your attention on upgrading your front speakers to the RF series to better match your center :)
I agree, but the KF-28's are not too bad. Would like to get some RF-62's or 82's and move the KF's to surround duty, but they are too big to do that in my current living room.

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
I agree, but the KF-28's are not too bad. Would like to get some RF-62's or 82's and move the KF's to surround duty, but they are too big to do that in my current living room.
Most of your sound comes from the front three. The RF II series would be an upgrade over the KFs and would give you a better timbre match in your front sound stage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts