AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My HTPC has a Celeron 1.2G and a Radeon 9000 which drives my Sanyo PLV-70 at 1360x768 resolution via a DVI-D connection using WinDVD Platinum for watching movies, approximately 90% of my viewing time. I use the H3D card for viewing digital cable TV and an occasional laserdisc during the remainder of the time. I have been very pleased with the video quality displayed by WinDVD and the Radeon 9000 on my projector.

I've been reading about the new H3D-II card, and since I want to protect my current $800 investment, am considering the upgrade path. Could anyone predict if I would see an improvement in my DVD video quality over my current setup by installing a Sigma X-card connected to the new H3D-II card, and outputting directly to my projector from the H3D-II HDTV auxiliary card via my DVI-D cable? What kind of cable is used to connect an X-card to a H3D, and where would I get one? Since this upgrade would cost about $700 if I order by May 5, does anyone have an opinion? I suspect that I may be trying to gild a lily, but I would appreciate any comments. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
No one really knows since no one has the H3DII yet. However, for standard SD stuff, I suspect there could be an improvement from utilizing the Fli2300, but until we see it, we won't know for sure how big, if any, differences are to be made. Read the immersive forums on the sigma and x-card cabling, it's discussed there on several posts and threads.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.