AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I display digital images from my PC onto the screen, I can't seem to get the proper ratios. If I don't stretch the images, I have gray bars on the sides of the screen, which I believe will cause burn-in.

The Pioneer PDP-5030HD has several choices when in the PC mode:

--Full

--4:3

--Dot by Dot

I'm assuming I want to use the "dot by dot" mode. The "full" modes stretch the width of the image, but not the length.

The plasma uses 1280x768, and my PC uses 1024x768. When I adjust my PC to 1280x1024, the plasma displays an error message "Out of Range".

I updated the drivers on my PC, but it didn't help. I'm using a Dell laptop - Inspiron 8000, with an ATI Mobility M4 video card.

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
393 Posts
You need to set the laptop's resolution to 1280x768. Otherwise you'll stretch a 4x3 aspect ration to 16x9 to fill up the screen. If you can't set the laptop to 1280x768, you might try "Powerstrip" to set custom resolution and timing, BUT, "Powerstrip" only works with certain graphics cards. If you have a PC, use the latest Nvidia or ATI drivers which support 1280x768 natively...assuming you have an ATI or Nvidia based graphics card

·
Registered
271 Posts
The gray bars will cause burn in... but so will your computer's static images. This is a tortuous application for plasma - be sure to turn the Contrast down as far as possible.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I will try the "powerstrip". I was able to find the shareware file. Seems like an interesting program. Hope it works.

As far as static images, if I were to use a sldeshow, switching pictures every 30 seconds or so, will that cause burn-in?

This unit came with most picture adjustment set at "0", except for contrast, which was turned up to "+30" with the max being "+40". I have not turned this down.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
hhank:

If you have a 4:3 display, try turning on Orbiter in Integrator mode. I have a 503CMX, with this feature and assume the 5030HD does as well. Orbiter mode causes the plasma to move the 4:3 picture every n minutes, which can be specified in the set up. It's supposed to minimize the burn in problem. You should be able to get to Integrator mode by pressing menu, immediately followed by power on. This must be done when the unit is powered off. Once again, I'm assuming it works the same as the 503CMX.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't seem to get into the integrator mode using my remote, as you can on the 503CMX. I will create a new post to see if anyone has knowledge on this with the 5030HD.

Thanks for your help. The AVS forum is great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.