AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Panasonic SC-PT 760 HT system with 5.1 channel speakers including 2 wireless rear speakers. Recently, the center unit broke and won't play DVDs.

I don't want to discard the entire set-up just because the DVD player/receiver unit broke. What are my other options as far as getting a replacement unit is concerned? I would like the replacement unit to:

1. have at least 5.1 audio out

2. be compatible with the wired front speakers (impedance matched... anything else I need to look for?)

3. be compatible with the transmitter unit for the wireless rear speakers

4. play regular and bluray discs.

I am a complete newbie to the HT system world so let me know what other details I need to provide.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
They really don't make units that work as a receiver and a DVD player that don't already come with speakers. If the unit is in warranty, get Panasonic to replace it. These units are basically disposable.

If it's out of warranty, you might look into a Blu-ray player that can hook into it, but that's probably less than ideal. You may end up starting from scratch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That was my feeling too.

So, looks like a good solution would be to buy a receiver unit that can accommodate the speakers and buy a separate DVD/Blue-ray player that hooks into the receiver.

Since I want the receiver to work with my existing set-up, what are the parameters I need to look at? Specifically, the receiver needs to be able to interface with the wireless transmitter for the rear speakers... is it normal for receivers to do that?

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
The speakers that came with your panasonic were only ment to work with that panasonic. You bought a dispoable system and thats the reason I never recommend them.

What is your budget and will come up with something to suit your needs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts