AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

My Fronts and center are a bit outdated so I'm having trouble finding a pair of surrounds to match. Evenso I'm not ready to upgrade them because to me, they sound just as great as when I first purchased them going on 10-15 years ago. This is the quality I'm looking for in my surrounds.

My Fronts are NHT 1.5's

Center is NHT VS-1.2a

Subwoofer (probably my weak link ) Velodyne 8100x

All being powered thru a new Pioneer Elite

My listening area is a room about 16x20. I mostly watch movies and listen to music spanning many genres. My Surrounds must be small and white and will go high up on rear wall using some sort of swivel mount and rocketfish. (no other solution atm). Price isn't a huge concern tho it is a factor.

So what do you think??

Thanks in advance.......

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is that but I keep hearing over and over again how the old NHT were in a class all their own and the new NHT aren't in the same category.

Any thoughts?

·
Banned
2,846 Posts
^^^ Absolutely not true. Not to try to sound too blunt here, but any of the current Classic series bookshelf/stand mount monitors and/or tower speakers along with a Classic 2C or 3C center channel speaker are just light years ahead of what you have now in every conceivable parameter, you name it - detail/resolution, imaging/sounstaging, dynamics, tonality, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.