AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Limited budget, narrowed it down to these two. I have two subwoofers, so I'm leaning towards the 667. Can't decide if two sub connectors should be my deciding factor. Thoughts please ML

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
^^^

assuming that my assumption is correct, and ypao doesn't eq the subs separately in that unit...

no, it shouldn't, as you can accomplish the same thing with a simple y-cable...

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
^^^^+1 . That should not be your deciding factor. Get the 667. The 1020 is last years model. The 667 is 3D ready if tis something you want. If you have a Radio Shack meter you can do as good a job Eq'ing that sub as most programs will do. I'm partial to Pioneer Elite products. And a huge Yamaha fan. So I am biased.

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
^^^

fanboy...

op, all joking aside, i'd take phantom's advice if i was looking for an avr in that price range... he may be biased towards yamaha, but he also has a better handle on EVERY avr out there than just about anyone else, and if he felt the pio was a better choice, he'd tell you...

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52
^^^^+1 . That should not be your deciding factor. Get the 667. The 1020 is last years model. The 667 is 3D ready if tis something you want. If you have a Radio Shack meter you can do as good a job Eq'ing that sub as most programs will do. I'm partial to Pioneer Elite products. And a huge Yamaha fan. So I am biased.
The 1020 is -not- "last year's model." It's actually one of this year's models -- from the x20 lineup -- and it's also 3D ready.

That said, the 667 is a fine choice as well...

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
Sorry about that 1020 foobar. My problem with the non-Elite AVR's is the test report from the 1019. I know they may have changed things up from then to now. I also feel the same way way about the current offerings from Onkyo and the test reports I've read for their new models. And I have an Onkyo 876. But I wouldn't buy an Onkyo 1007/3007/5007. Not when I could buy a lesser model with pre-outs and get a good amp (Emotiva) for less money and be assured of its output. As close to future proofing as you can get IMO. I'm sure the 1020/1120 are good AVR's, just not for me. Thanks for clarifying the models year date.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.