Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and need some opinions. I have a Gateway Plasma TV that is EDTV, not HD. I am currently using analog cable from Cablevision. I want to upgrade to their digital service or subscribe to DirecTV. The problem with the digital cable is that only approx 26 channels are actually digital. The good thing is that the HDTV box is only around $5 per month and there is a decent amount of HD channels. If I was to get DirecTV, I don't think I would opt for the HD box right now because of the cost. My question to you is this:

Since my TV is not actual HD, but is a digital 480i display, am I better off getting the D* with all digital channels or would it be better for me to go with the HD digital cable? Am I wasting my time getting HD on an EDTV?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am not sure which to get.

Thanks!

·
Registered
22,501 Posts
IMO... I would think that cable would be more beneficial because I assume that your TV will do 480p (Right? since it's EDTV). That would be an improvement for SD, HD would be downconverted, but better quailty than SD upconverted and perhaps cheaper in the long run.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.