AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im Looking At The Sharp Dt400 Or The Infocus 7205? I Am Totally New To Pj Tv.. I Have To Make This Decision By Tommorrow. Any Help Would Be Appreciated My Ht Room Is Only 10 Feet Long 9.5 Ft Wide. A Small Amount Of Ambient Light. Also Any Advice On Screens Would Be Great

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
If I am not mistaken the Sharp has a shorter throw, which depending on screen size you want, may allow a larger one for the given size of the room. Both performancewise are excellent. I think you can also get the Sharp for less money.

Have you seen either of these?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no just been doing a lot of reading about them i figured the screen would be about 70in wide 53 (ish) tall which i figure is about 87 in diagonal. i have a fujitsu 50in plasma which im gonna return and these are the two that fall into my price range the sharp is about 4000 and the in focus is about 5000. ill be viewing from about 10 feet away..when you ay throw that means it will be clear at a shorter distance or am i mistaken

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
If I may be so presumptuous...

He means that if the Sharp and the Infocus are the same distance from your screen (and at the same zoom setting), that the picture from the Sharp will be larger than the picture from the Infocus.

If the image size of the infocus is large enough while the pj is in a position you are happy with, then it may be a non-issue for you. It may be, though, that you want the screen size to be larger than the infocus can throw, giving the sharp an advantage for you.

I went to projector central, and searched pjs for a throw distance of 9 feet (room for pj, and I am just guessing that a foot is enough to give room for the pj. Sometimes pjs have vents in the back and need to be away from the wall) and a diagonal of 87 inches. They listed the sharp dt400 as a possibilty.

Then I looked up the 7205 ( listed under infocushome ...) and at maximum zoom, it will have a diagonal of 73" when 9 feet from the screen.

When zoomed to throw the largest image possible, the Dt-400 can go up to 104" diagonal when 9 feet from the screen, so it may give you more flexibility while still giving you the screen size you want.

You would probably want to double check this, since I just looked it up real quick, and may have made a mistake.

Offset is something that is rather important, too. That determines how high ( or low ) you have to mount the pj to get the projected image at the height you want. Lens shift can help adjust this direction.

As Jason alluded to, seeing the pj for your self is pretty important. No pj is perfect, and what is most important is if you like its strong points and don't mind (or even notice...) its shortcomings.

Go to go to work... Good luck.

Best Regards,

Doug

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doug,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, you definately cleared up a few questions I had.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.