AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I don't know what I need or what I want because I'm not really too up on audio systems. So I'll let you know what I'm looking for and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Right now I have nothing...a 10 year old boobox in the living room so I'm starting 100% from scratch.

My budget is limited as I'm not concerned about top of the line sounds. I live in an apt and will mainly be playing a moderate levels. I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but ideally I was hoping for a very small unit that I could use to play songs off an ipod or wirelessly from my PC.

Space is an issue...i would like speakers and whatever equipment I need to be as small/thin as possible. Something I could squeeze onto an entertainment center with a speaker on either side of the TV. Or something that would be small enough to fit on the shelf of a bookcase.

Also, Going to be getting a 37" or 42" plasma in the next few months so it's not necessary but would be nice to be able to hook that up as well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
The simplest approach, dare I say it, is one of the better 5.1 or 6.1 HT in a box, from Sony or Panasonic or Onkyo or the like.

Certainly you can sometimes do better for the money (discounts and sales included) but it can be a crap shoot.

Look around. Do some web research. Listen around. Figure out your budget. Pick some candidates. Someone will then have actual experience with that hardware or suggested alternatives.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.