AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of Polk Audio 265 RT wall speakers I pulled out of my wall during a remodel. They work great and I would like to make stand alone speakers from them. I found the Dayton Audio MTMC-1.0BK 1.0 cu. ft. at Parts Express would fit these Polk speakers. Before I spend $350 for a pair of these enclosures, I am wondering if this would work and provide a reasonably good sounding speaker system. Any advise or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Here are the links to the equipment mentioned;

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I personally wouldn't. I don't think you can just strip those speakers and throw them in a bookshelf. Better off just building a set of Fusion 6 off DIYSG for less money and getting better SQ.

Or any set of DIYSG speakers for under $300.

Alchemy 8 is what I know for sure is going to be better than anything on your mind currently.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I personally wouldn't. I don't think you can just strip those speakers and throw them in a bookshelf. Better off just building a set of Fusion 6 off DIYSG for less money and getting better SQ.

Or any set of DIYSG speakers for under $300.

Alchemy 8 is what I know for sure is going to be better than anything on your mind currently.
Thanks! I was not planning on stripping them but mounting them as the are but on a panel to simulate the wall, and mount that panel to the front of Dayton Audio enclosures.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Thanks! I was not planning on stripping them but mounting them as the are but on a panel to simulate the wall, and mount that panel to the front of Dayton Audio enclosures.
I think "strip" meant to remove them from the wall and put them in a box, which is what you want to do. In-walls are typically designed to work in open baffles since that's how most people would install them. Polk Audios Q&A tab on the product page has other asking the same question, you should check it out.

https://www.polkaudio.com/products/265-rt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts