Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking for an audio switch to live between my two preamps and my power amp and sub. So it specifically needs to switch L/R/Sub inputs to an L/R/Sub output (all RCA, of course). Since it's going directly to my power amp and sub, it needs to be a completely silent switch. Shorting, in other words.

Can anybody recommend a nice cheap solution? I don't need remote controls or anything of that nature. How about one of those cheap Radio Shack A/V switchers. Do they pop?

I could build one, but ordering good quality shorting rotary switches takes time and money. Alternatively, I could use non shorting switches with a mute switch, but that's inelegant, to say the least.

Thanks!

Martin.

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
I don't see anything on partsexpress with more than two channels. But there must be some out there somewhere. Google?

·
Registered
30,815 Posts
Dunno. Why not buy one and put it between your player and your two preamps for testing? Just keep the volume low until you determine suitability. If not, just return within 30days.

BTW, I use the Zektor MAS3 for MCH switching but it is pricier.

Kal

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. I guess I'll do just that.

Regarding the Zektor - so it is. There seem to be a number of rather more expensive options out there. I'd rather DIY at that stage.

Martin.

·
Registered
440 Posts
 http://www.nilesaudio.com/products/s...switching.html

I use the Niles PS-1 to switch between my reciever (pre/pro), stereo pre-amp and amp. As for the sub-out on your pre-amps, If your sub has stereo inputs and a crossover, you may want to consider splitting the output from the switcher and sending stereo full range singal to your sub (and amp)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.