AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've been lurking on this forum for a few months but never registered. Well I made the big purchse today and got an HDTV receiver so now I need to get a rooftop antenna and find an installer. I live in Escondido and antennaweb.org tells me that I need a medium range antenna for OTA HDTV. If anyone can provide me with what type of antenna would be good as well as a good installer it will be appreciated.

Thanks,

marcello696 (Parris)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Installing an antenna is not really that hard, and it usually isn't that cheap to have someone do it for you. Is there a certain reason you need someone to do it?

I live in Encinitas, and have a channel master 4228a antenna with a 7775 pre-amp. I can recieve all the san diego digital stations now. (40 aka nbc can be somewhat difficult on bad days) I ordered the antenna from www.warrenelectronics.com for around $50, and the pre-amp from a local forum member (thanks Greg!)

I'd say that depending on you surrounding area (any mountains blocking your view?) that the same setup would work quite well for you.

If you wanna check out my setup you can see it here
http://members.home.net/jvh/antenna

you can email me a [email protected]

·
Registered
172 Posts
I originally had installed my own but wanted to go higher so I could have a better shot at the LA stations. I used Mike's Antenna Service (can't remember the phone number though, he's in the yellow pages) here in SD. He did a good job, took about a 1/2 day and checked the signal strength from all stations for positioning. I think it was around $120 and I supplied the ChannelMaster Antenna plus rotor.

BTW, Joel...nice pics of the antenna setup! Digital camera?

Rich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.