Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all!

Still a new poster to AVScience but I've been reading for a while.

I'd appreciate some of your opinions on a new TV I am looking to purchase.

I almost closed a deal with a local retailer for a Sony 32" XBR400 demo model for $1299 + $170 for the stand. Then I learned the remote and manual has gone missing. So I am passing on this deal.

Having prepared my wife for the $1500 expense I'm now looking for a similar set close to this price. I'd like to stay around the 32" screen size. This will be a second HDTV in our house and not the primary viewing set. For now, the set will be connected to a Sony Ultimate TV box until I'm ready for the expense of another HD-100+install. A Panasonic portable DVD player will also be connected via S-Video until I can spring for another progressive scan DVD player.

What are your recommendations for a new set?

Thanks in advance.

- Chris

·
Registered
71 Posts
Note sure, but check out www.crazyeddie.com if you see something you like they usally have the best prices... Also most Sears stores will match them.

------------------

Chris

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just a suggestion, but I needed a 2nd set for the bedroom and was able to get a 36"RCA HighResolution digital set + DTC-100 receiver + oval satellite dish + installation for under $2K from best buy last fall. Although the set is 4:3 it has a great picture and is pretty future compatable, has component-in for my progressive scan DVD player.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses.

After mulling it over a bit longer and getting a good deal from a local retailer, I've stepped up to a 36" XBR400. Paid more than I wanted and got last years model but at least I know I'll be happy with the choice. Sure hope I can get a break on the ISF calibration since I have 2 sets in my home! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.