AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to ditch cable and I am looking to install an antenna in my new house. The only limitation I have is it needs to be inside the house, so I plan to put one up high in my attic. I need to split the signal to 3 different TV's on the main floor of the house.

I want to try and receive as many channels as possible, I'm not terribly concerned with the cost.

Thanks

-TheNothingness

·
Registered
19,769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNothingness /forum/post/20876486

I have decided to ditch cable and I am looking to install an antenna in my new house. The only limitation I have is it needs to be inside the house, so I plan to put one up high in my attic. I need to split the signal to 3 different TV's on the main floor of the house.

I want to try and receive as many channels as possible, I'm not terribly concerned with the cost.

Thanks

-TheNothingness

The absolute best way would be to mount it on your roof outside with a rotor but being as that option is out........ somebody mentioned in another thread to use a good, balanced 3-way splitter so that would be a start. RG-6 cable through out (with good shielding if running close to other wiring). As far as the antenna goes somebody else with more experience using indoor antennas will have to answer that (my antenna is outside on the roof). My signal is split between three tv's as well (HDTV and two analogs with digital STBs) and we don't have any degradation of signal.

·
Registered
948 Posts
You have a decision to make regarding PBS. If you want it, you might need a VHF-high antenna to get it. But a UHF antenna might get it because it is very strong.

I would start with a 4-bay style UHF antenna like the Winegard 4400 ($22) or the Channel Master 4221, Antennacraft U4000, or Antennas Direct DB4 (more money). I have a 4400 in my attic and it works great on my locals, which are 43 miles away.

If PBS does not come in with a UHF antenna, add an Antennacraft Y5-7-13 or a Winegard 6713, and use a UVSJ to combine them.

If you are handy and want to DIY, a single-bay Gray Hoverman will get all of your channels including the PBS on RF11.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.