AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

- radar plot for my location from tvfool.com

I used to have cable from U-Verse which I recently cancelled. I still get Hi-Speed internet from them. So I'm also interested in the option of just having a tuner if I could use the signal from the coaxial wall outlet.

My TV rests on a stand that's 1 foot from the floor, and I'm hoping to place the antenna by the side of the TV (not more than 12 inches in height).

thanks!

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,753 Posts
U-verse does not have a usable signal on coax for TV unless you subscribe and have one of their boxes.

The TV Fool info refers to using an antenna and a Digital TV tuner (aka ATSC tuner) for over-the-air reception. There are a number of topics here to assist you, see the 'stuck' topics at the top of this forum.

Here's a list of DTV tuners: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=179095

·
Registered
10,880 Posts
All you should need is an unamplified antenna. This particular model is used by many AVSForum members and should work well. Extend the dipole rods no more than halfway in length. A wall or window facing south would be your ideal location for an indoor antenna.

TVs and other nearby electronics often cause significant interference for some channels. If you have problems, move the antenna away from all electronics, using a barrel splice to add a longer piece of coax to that antenna.

For tuners, use your TV's built in digital tuner. Scan for digital antenna channels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.