AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an RCA DC210 Receiver that has worked fairly well for 10 months. I have experienced a few freeze ups and I do notice the line accross mid-screen w/hd broadcasts that others have mentioned. Service is D*TV, and box is connected to a Panasonic th-42px U Plasma.

This morning the box was frozzen and I re-booted it. The problem now is that my set is showing a "zoom" picture for all SD signals received via D* TV dish. (ie..cnbc, cnn...bottom ticker is not visible). The HD signals are being received in the "full" mode (normal picture), and anything I bring in through my OTA (network HD or SD comes in as it should as well). When I go to the D*TV "Guide", it appears as it should and is not in "zoom mode". Also, the small screen in the corner when the guide is used shows a normal screen. My box is set to 1080i. I switched it to 480 and adjusted the aspect ratios on the display anf the result is that "full" is now "zoom" and "zoom" is now zoomed to an even greater degree than I've ever seen. Is this a box or display problem? I'm thinking box. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Craig

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Box signal is 1080i, sent via dvi/hdmi. TV is in "full" mode. (The set does not allow you to change the aspect ratio from full when the box is set to 1080i. This is the way it has been set up for 9 months and has worked flawlessly with the exception of a number of box freeze ups over the past few months. If I change the box setting to 480i (which enables me to change settings on the set). "Full" is now "Zoom, and "zoom" is now zoomed closer in than the set has ever shown before in that mode. What it comes down to is that the settings have worked fine (I don't change them)...ever since the box froze this mornng, the picure is screwed up.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Sorry for taking so long to reply. Are you still having this trouble? Have you tried using a different connection (say, component)? Also, a hard reset (unplugging) the DC210 (the TV, too) may help.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Is it possible the display (HDTV) is in some odd/zoom mode? Also, check the s/w version on the RCA, they may have updated it and there could be issue there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.