AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my home theater, I want to add a second sub. My current sub is an SVS PCi 20-39 . It does well, but I think that adding a second sub would help smooth out the bass response in my room.

Anyway, without going into the details, I have an amp that came out of another SVS PCi 20-39 (325 watt Bash amp) with less than 50 hours on it, so it is just lightly used. I would like to use that for the power source.

I was told to check out the 12" Dayton Reference HF Subwoofer as a possible woofer to use.

I've been messing around with WinISD and I think that I am getting the hang of it, but there seem to be some experts on here that have knowledge that can really aid in making this right.

I would like something that can go down to 20Hz to be a good match to my SVS audibly.

What I am looking for from the experts in this group if possible is:

A recommended woofer

A recommended box design for that woofer

Any other tips to help me.

WinISD tells me that for the 12" woofer listed above, I would need a 4CuFt box with two 2" ports (8.91" long each) to get to 20Hz.

Thanks a bunch for helping me out.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
I believe that Torrent Audio still has a Mistral 12" driver for about $100 that should be close to what is in your other SVS (TC DB500 essentially). It's a bit cheaper and has more displacement than the Dayton.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Hey man that XO-12 appears to be the Mistral under a new name w some cosmetic changes. It's specs still line up with the old DB 500 purty much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts