AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks, i'm looking for an AVR reciever and speakers for about £1000. At the moment i'm on the verge of buying the BOSE accoustimass 6 speaker system ( i need the speakers to be that small) and a DENON 1910 AVR Reciever.

The most important thing for me is clarity and depth of music rather than power and loudness. Will be using for music, films and gaming. Unfortuantly i do not know nearly enough about these things to let you know my requirements, but any advice would be most appreciated.

Mortis

·
Registered
398 Posts
My sister-in-law and her husband purchased a Bose lifestyle system. I've had many opportunities to listen to their system and let me say that the small cube speaker typical of Bose are simply incapable of producing clear dialogue from a single cube - the dialogue in their Bose system has to, literally, be spread accross all front three cubes in order to produce any appreciable dialogue.

Dr. Amar Bose is a marketing genius - not a speaker design genius...

You'd be much better served with other brands, including as Michael indicated the Polk, to name a few. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis01 /forum/post/16979712

Hi Folks, i'm looking for an AVR reciever and speakers for about £1000. At the moment i'm on the verge of buying the BOSE accoustimass 6 speaker system ( i need the speakers to be that small) and a DENON 1910 AVR Reciever.

The most important thing for me is clarity and depth of music rather than power and loudness. Will be using for music, films and gaming. Unfortuantly i do not know nearly enough about these things to let you know my requirements, but any advice would be most appreciated.

Mortis

I would look at Anthony Gallo's speakers.

http://www.roundsound.com/satellite-speakers.htm

They should be small enough and I've heard nothing, but good stuff about his products.

If you really, really have to have absolutely tiny speakers. The laws of physics do NOT allow you to reach your goal.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Either of the above recommended mini-speakers will be an improvement over Bose, IMO. You might also consider the Klipsch Quintet system (see review link below) if that works better in your budget, but I would pass on the Klipsch sub and go with SVS or Hsu Research. As for a receiver I usually recommend Harman Kardon.

http://reviews.cnet.com/surround-spe...-31814774.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.