AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure this is right forum, but I've been searching for the best way of getting cable to feed both the TV and PJ (Panny AX200U) located in the same room. I'll probably go with a HD Comcast cable box for the Plasma TV, but also want to feed the PJ for watching sports events. Realizing that the PJ doesn't have a tuner, can the new HD cable boxes support feeding 2 different sources? Can the PJ share the TV tuner? Looking for the best solution on running cable and getting a quality picture from both sources.

·
Registered
785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javatime /forum/post/14161775

Not sure this is right forum, but I've been searching for the best way of getting cable to feed both the TV and PJ (Panny AX200U) located in the same room. I'll probably go with a HD Comcast cable box for the Plasma TV, but also want to feed the PJ for watching sports events. Realizing that the PJ doesn't have a tuner, can the new HD cable boxes support feeding 2 different sources? Can the PJ share the TV tuner? Looking for the best solution on running cable and getting a quality picture from both sources.

It depends on the cable box. If it has both a component output and an HDMI output you could send one to the Plasma and one to the PJ. If your box only has one HDMI output you could pick-up an HDMI switchbox from Monoprice (i.e. a 4x2) and feed both displays from that. Either way there should not be a problem feeding each display an HD feed from your cable box.

·
Banned
9,076 Posts
I use the Monoprice 4x2 matrix HDMI switch to feed both my TV and projector (video only) and it works well. In my system I feed all sources into my AVR (Onkyo 805) and output from my AVR on one HDMI cable to my 4x2 HDMI switch. From my switch I have two HMDI cables, one to projector and another to the TV. As I said it works well. It helps that I am sending video only not audio and video through the switch. I have not tried sending audio and video, but I know other people have had problems doing that, though I do not know which HDMI switch they were using.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK Great..Thanks.

I also have the Onkyo 805 and that was my initial thought, but I wasn't sure. Send everything to the AVR (well, maybe not audio as you have mentioned). I'll take a look at the monoprice switch.

I'd really like to avoid paying the cable company an additional monthly charge for another box.

Is this the switch?
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...mat=4#feedback

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mjg100,

It sounds like the 4x2 switch would work for me. Are saying that you run 1 hdmi cable from the AVR OUT to the hdmi switch IN and then feed both the TV and PJ to each of the HDMI switch OUTs?

If so, not sure what you mean by "I feed all sources into my AVR (Onkyo 805)"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts