AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Pioneer KRP-600M 60" Plasma, and my wall mount only allows me 1.5" of clearance. I have read several threads on bias lighting, but there seems to be conflicting info out there, and I am hoping there are multiple solutions for this issue.

Does Ideal-Lume have something for this issue? The lights I have seen on their site seem too big. I also read that Orange Tree Trade has a led light that works good. Is there anything else?

Whatever the solution, it does not have to be EXACT, just something close enough to make an improvement in night time viewing. I like to watch movies in the dark, but my wife complains of eye-strain, and I notice it as well, so we always end up leaving lights on, not good! I just want all lights of, except the bias light so we don't have eye-strain issues. I'm sure black levels are not going to be an issue either way.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 63 inch plasma with my own bias lighting. All I used is a threaded light rod about 3 feet long. At the ends I mounted a candelabra socket with 2 soft white candelabra bulba that are florescent and dimmable. I think they are around 5 watts each. I then hooked them up to my X-10 dimmer and can dimm them to any level I want. I just lowered the rod down the back of the Plasmaand untill it comes to rest on the wall mount. My wall mount is fixed too. It works great. I am trying to figure out how to all a third bulb for better fill. When they come out with a 6500k dimmable candelabra bulb I will replace the soft whites. Cheap and verry effective.

·
Registered
513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman707 /forum/post/17049998

I just got a Pioneer KRP-600M 60" Plasma, and my wall mount only allows me 1.5" of clearance. I have read several threads on bias lighting, but there seems to be conflicting info out there, and I am hoping there are multiple solutions for this issue.

Does Ideal-Lume have something for this issue? The lights I have seen on their site seem too big. I also read that Orange Tree Trade has a led light that works good. Is there anything else?

Whatever the solution, it does not have to be EXACT, just something close enough to make an improvement in night time viewing. I like to watch movies in the dark, but my wife complains of eye-strain, and I notice it as well, so we always end up leaving lights on, not good! I just want all lights of, except the bias light so we don't have eye-strain issues. I'm sure black levels are not going to be an issue either way.

Go to the Ikea website and search for Dioder lighting strip, I own it and love it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts