AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i'm having a hard time and hope you guys can help. i need a blackout curtain that is about 15' long. yes 15'. the room i'm using has a open wall that lets a ton of light in and i need to close this off. please let me know if need anymore info.

also, i would like it to run on a rain not a rod.

thank you.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Let me know if you find anything that works out for you. . .I have a very similar situation & had the same thought for a solution.

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
I believe my wife went to the local Joann fabrics store and picked up ours.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Curtain Rods that hang down from ceiling - Kirsch makes them. We have them installed at our beach condo where the sliding doors/windows are floor to ceiling.

As far as curtains that size, you will not find them readymade - at least not in my searches. The fabric is readily available and can be made quite easily, though.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Here's an older thread with a couple of ideas for ceiling mounted curtain system: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hlight=curtain

I'm eventually going to do this for my media room since it opens up to the rest of the house. But the amount of material I need for the curtain wall will be kind of pricey.

Has anyone purchased from the Used Theatrical Drapery store mentioned earlier? They have some decent prices but I'm not as familiar with the material types.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts