AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Does anyone have one of those cables used to connect a SONY 10XX projector to the VPR722 controller? I need to get one. If you are selling one, please email me at [email protected]

Thanks

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Are those the right cables in thoise links guys ????

Anyway, I have one of those cables that came off 1041, problem is that some peckerhead when they where dissassmbling the system manged to cut the end off the cable and lost one connector !!!

So I have a cable about 30 ft long with one connector.

It that anygood to you ?? isnt any good to me !!

Graham

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rick Krynos:

I saw those ebay auctions, and I was shocked at the prices quoted. Why in tarnation are those cables so damn expensive???

·
Registered
72 Posts
They are expensive but I don't know why.

I tried one with my 2030QM but couldn't get a decent image through the 722. I think the thread is still here on the Forum.

Then I wanted to use the 722 just to turn the PJ on/off but when I connected the fat cable the RGB was disconnected.

So I gave up on the 722.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Moi
Then I wanted to use the 722 just to turn the PJ on/off but when I connected the fat cable the RGB was disconnected.
I had this problem with the first 1031 we installed at work. Same thing - you had to disconnect the 14 pin cable for the RGB input to work. Later, we installed 4 more with 722s remotes and fed the 1031's with Extron 109 Pluses and it switched with no problem. Don't know if the problem was an early 1031, the 722s vs the 722, or adding the Extron fixed it. I'd sure like to know since I have several 1031's and 722's to dispose of and that's what's sitting in my storage at home waiting for an install.

Marvin

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
They are damn expensive because they are professional camera cables. You think they are a lot on eBay, ha! Check out Sony's spare parts online outlet! They start at around $350 there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.