AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking for a ISF certified calibrator serving Charlotte - Gastonia, North Carolina area.

Current set: HDTV Panasonic Plasma Viera TC-P65S2 (build October 2010)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Ask yourself if you want the calibrator to come in and just calibrate your TV ... and not really talk to you ... or are you expecting something more than just the calibration of the TV.

Any BB geek squad can calibrate that tv just fine and not talk to you much. You don't even have to be at home for them.

Or do you want more from the calibration session than just the TV done? Do you want to actually understand the process and theory behind it? Be certain that the end result is as good as it will be?

Just wanting an ISF calibrator is like wanting a Dr ... a lawyer ... an engineer but not considering if the person is actually any good or not.

regards

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael TLV /forum/post/19632165

Greetings

Ask yourself if you want the calibrator to come in and just calibrate your TV ... and not really talk to you ... or are you expecting something more than just the calibration of the TV.

Any BB geek squad can calibrate that tv just fine and not talk to you much. You don't even have to be at home for them.

Or do you want more from the calibration session than just the TV done? Do you want to actually understand the process and theory behind it? Be certain that the end result is as good as it will be?

Just wanting an ISF calibrator is like wanting a Dr ... a lawyer ... an engineer but not considering if the person is actually any good or not.

regards

Hello Michael,

Really what I want is more from the calibration session. Can you recommend or know a good ISF Calibrator that services the Charlotte - Gastonia, NC area?

Thanks.

Regards,

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Most of the good traveling calibrators will also provide education as part of the process, but if someone tells you it is going to take 90 or less ... even with education ... be careful. Education sessions where you do not understand what is being said ... is not education at all. (When education is factored in ... sessions can run from 2 to 5 to 6 hours)

THX Video Calibrators are supposed to be ready to do education ... as they are taught to both expect it and do it as much as possible. Whether they actually listen to us about that in the field is something you have to find out.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1254256

this is a link to THX video Calibrators ....

Regards

·
Registered
473 Posts
Look up a member here. His name is D-Nice.

I believe he in located in SC but travels every few weeks.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankfoot /forum/post/19636893

Look up a member here. His name is D-Nice.

I believe he in located in SC but travels every few weeks.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Regards,

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Check this LIST for calibrators...

·
Registered
53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperezmore /forum/post/19632038

Hello,

I am looking for a ISF certified calibrator serving Charlotte - Gastonia, North Carolina area.

Current set: HDTV Panasonic Plasma Viera TC-P65S2 (build October 2010)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Check your messages.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by totallytweeked /forum/post/19637979

Check your messages.

Thanks Andy

Regards,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.