AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I am located in Milford, CT, and would like to get my TW40x81 calibrated. I tried the 3 nearest ISF calibrator from their website. 2 failed to pick up their telephones (repeatedly, no answering machine), 1 calibrates only their own installations.

So, is there an affordable calibrator in CT? Does not have to be ISF, but should be competent.

On another issue: if calibration is primarily a setting of the factory values, should I not be able to achieve 90% of the calibration if I copied values of someone else's TW40x81 calibration? (Does anyone have these?) This could definitely save me a lot of time *finding* an installer.

/iaw

·
Registered
128 Posts
Did you try Jim Doolittle? He is in Waltham, MA but may travel to CT. Copying another users setting will not give you the same results because of the inherent analog architecture of each set.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Nope, I have not. I may try him. Does he have an email?

I know that copying the settings will give me an inferior result. However, maybe it can get me 90% of the way, save me $200 of the >$300 fee, and avoid my having to find an installer...

/iaw

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
You might want to try Gary Merson or Kevin Miller, who are both on Long Island.

Copying value will not get you where you want to be. Using Video Essentials or Avia will get make things better, but adjusting the grey scale will be unique to every individual set and requires equipment to do properly.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I cover the ny/nj/ct area. I have just received the complete code set for the 2001/2002 model line. My business number is 516-933-1128

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.