AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys offer some suggestions for a ceiling mount for my InFocus ScreenPlay 7200? I looked at their web site and they sell one specifically for that PJ for about $200. I was wondering if one needs to spend that much to get a decent mount. Our HT is located in the basement which had a drop ceiling. So, I need to keep that in consideration as well while looking for a mount.

Thanks.

Viji

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hmmm, I thought it was closer to 300.... But anyway the answer is yes. For any quality solid mount, that's the going rate. But hey you have a formerly 10000 buck PJ and you should have spent at least another 1500++++ on a quality screen (if you didn't then you should have bought a cheaper PJ). I surely hope you didn't break the bank to the extent that you can't afford an extra 2 to 3 hundred clams. The fact of the matter is PJ alignment is crucial, believe me I've had a PJ on a cheapy mount and it's a source of frustration because the thing will move. Having to move the PJ around to get it to shoot on the screen sucks. The InFocus piece is a very quality item. It has 2 struts, and is probably more stable than anything out there, other than something custom made by some serious metal fabricators. Don't forget, it's made by the manufacturer specifically for the unit. Unlike anything else available at any cost.

Regards,

Edward

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have the IF mount and it seems to be pretty good. The one issue I have is with the PJ itself. There are three mounting screws and there is some flex in the PJ which has caused some difficulty in getting a perfect alignment with the screen (I am using a 6" extension to drop the picture). I think a fourth mounting screw would have provided a little bit more rigid mount. Others have recommended Chief Mounts but I have not had a chance to check it out. Once you get it aligned it is not an issue.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have a Cheif mount. Love it and it works great. Cant remember how much i spent on it but i will look it up for you. Attached is the best picture i can currently find on my computer. When i get home if you would like i can take a better picture and send it to you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Regarding the mount sold by InFocus specifically for SP7200, looking at the picture of that mount on their web site, it is not clear as to how far down from the ceiling you will be able to hang the projector. Can any owners of this mount give some specific measurements on this? I have to mount the PJ on a drop-ceiling which means that the mount will have to screwed to the wooden beams that are about 1' above the drop-ceiling panels. So, I am wondering if I would need an extension rod for the mount, which is also sold by InFocus.

Thanks,

Viji

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.