AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a pair of P362's now and a PL-200 sub (which may be changing to a Ultra 10) and I see Newegg has a good deal on the CS2 II. Its half the price of the PC350 but if the PC350 is worth the extra I'll go for it.

Which should I choose? 40% HT, 30% gaming, 30% music.

Thanks.

·
Registered
707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclifford90 /forum/post/19581812

I've got a pair of P362's now and a PL-200 sub (which may be changing to a Ultra 10) and I see Newegg has a good deal on the CS2 II. Its half the price of the PC350 but if the PC350 is worth the extra I'll go for it.

Which should I choose? 40% HT, 30% gaming, 30% music.

Thanks.

IMO, and you'll likely get the same answer from others, don't mix and match your "front soundstage" (L,C,R) ... since you bought the P362s, you already made the decision (albeit unknowingly) to get the PC350.

Which isn't to imply the CS2 isn't a great center channel. I have a CS2 myself, and I'm totally satisfied. But I also have Polk Monitors for my fronts and rears.

I think you'll be happier in the long run if you just get the PC350. Yes, it's more expensive. But you'll never have that "what if" feeling, wondering if you should have just bit the bullet and purchased the matching center.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Agreed with above poster. Stick with same brand and the same model. As for your subwoofer, if you are not happy, I suggest spending more money and move to the $800+ range sub. I just don't see much of a difference from going to the Bic PL200 to the Emotiva 10 inch sub. Why aren't you happy with the Bic sub?

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
There's really no acceptable option other than buying the matching Infinity center or replacing the entire front stage.

The rule is quite simple: NEVER mix brands or speaker lines for your front three.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I figured I'd like to just get the PC350 but figured I'd ask. And as far as why I am disappointed with the PL200, it seems to be very boomy and that makes it good for watching movies but when it comes to tv its sometimes a bit overpowering and for music it is absolutely awful and I do use this setup for music. The room is only 12'x14' so I think the sealed Ultra 10 will still be able to keep up with my needs while improving the music quality.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclifford90
Yeah I figured I'd like to just get the PC350 but figured I'd ask. And as far as why I am disappointed with the PL200, it seems to be very boomy and that makes it good for watching movies but when it comes to tv its sometimes a bit overpowering and for music it is absolutely awful and I do use this setup for music. The room is only 12'x14' so I think the sealed Ultra 10 will still be able to keep up with my needs while improving the music quality.
Just my .02 but it sounds like you have some calibration and/or placement work to do with your sub. Do you have an AVR with Audyssey or something similar? I would give this a full go before buying another sub that could have the same problems.

I don't use surround/subs at all for music. Just straight 2ch stereo. But I have very capable front mains and have always preferred music as such. Unless the music material is natively mixed for surround (concert DVD, for example).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a SR608 and I have used Audyssey and have it setup that way. In looking into the issue this weekend I was poking and prodding around and noticed that my tweeters in my towers aren't working at all in either tower and they have never worked ever since I bought them as far as I can tell. I bought them from Crutchfield so I will be calling them in the morning and seeing if they will send replacements and maybe after re-running audyssey it will get better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.