AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sampo 34" widescreen hdtv and I want a remote I can program the hex codes for the individuals inputs into. Is the pronto the only one that does this? It is a little too exspensive for me on my college student budget.

Also the geometry on my Sampo is off. The middle of the screen appears to sag slightly. Does anyone know how to correct this using the service menu?

·
Registered
20,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel Laffey:
I have a Sampo 34" widescreen hdtv and I want a remote I can program the hex codes for the individuals inputs into. Is the pronto the only one that does this? It is a little too exspensive for me on my college student budget.

Also the geometry on my Sampo is off. The middle of the screen appears to sag slightly. Does anyone know how to correct this using the service menu?
Well, you might check this one out. I bought it as the Proton SRC-2000. You can order it (as either) here , among other places. I actually ended up buying the Pronto, but I'm a fool for toys. It seems reasonably cheap, but if you buy everything (remote, recharging stand and programming link) it adds up quickly, but still stays cheaper than the Pronto.

-- Mike Scott

·
Registered
730 Posts
This discussion really belongs in the general HT forum . . . but here is a possible cheap & cool solution. Do you have a Palm Pilot or Handspring Visor? If so, I recommend the OmniRemote hardware and/or software. Check it out here: http://www.pacificneotek.com/

I use it with the springboard module for a Handspring Visor and I really like it. There are some short comings, but the macros are greate and I can control everything from the one remote after some training. I'd recommend downloading the software and giving it a try to see if you like it.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dagman:
This discussion really belongs in the general HT forum . . .
you got that right

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.