AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it says that I need to put in a code that once i find the right one and press display, the directv box will turn off, indicating that it is the right code. I been playing around with some codes, but can't find the right one. Also looked in the manual and it didn't show codes for it. Please help me locate the right one. Thanks

·
Registered
535 Posts
Dont you need the satellite receiver ON for the Replay to use it? Just curious why you'd want to turn it off.

·
Registered
849 Posts
That's just for the TEST. They assume, usually correctly, that your box is currently ON. Therefore, if they send a power command to it to test that code, it will go OFF. If it does, that's a good thing because it's the correct code, and then you can turn it back on so that Replay can change channels on it.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Are you talking about the remote or the IR blaster? You should use a serial cable to change channels on the directv. I have recommended this many times. It works great. -mk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so if i can't find the code is it okay?? should i just any numbers?? will it affect my replayTV?? thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.