AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ok, this is the basics of the way its set up now. Red dots being the location of my Nanosat satellites and the green being my sub placement.

With the TV where it is at...is this about the best option I have for setup at the moment? It doesnt quite give the surround sound effect. The living room is open to the kitchen.

The recliner and the seat on the sectional closest to it are the main 1 and 2 seating areas unless we have people over.

The bump sticking out to the left of the TV is the fireplace. Ideally it would be great mounting the TV above it, then wall mounting the satellites in the moral traditional fashion. Only problem is, the mantel is quite high...so if it was mounted up there with our relatively short viewing distance we'd have to look up at the TV. Im sure neck pain would ensue since it wouldnt be a natural viewing spot.

Just curious if anyone has an ideas to improve what I have to work with? Just looking for some fresh ideas.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Whats on the left side?

If there is a wall why not put the tv against the opposite wall and the sectional against the left wall or vice versa?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Left wall is the wall seperating the living room and the den or whatever you want to call it. The right wall has 3 windows in it.

I guess the recliner could possibly fit where the TV is now and use that wall. Could possibly fit an entertainment center there or wall mount. Would need to figure out good placement for the sub. Only downside would be possibly glare from the windows on the right wall.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Glare could be a problem but it may turn out to be a more comfortable set up. I think you would gain more usable seating area. You could even mount the TV up a little higher and then use a tilt mount to adjust for the glare reflection. Also comsider how much daytime TV is actually watched.

Putting TV's in corners with surround sound is always tough but sometimes its the only logical spot for it. Draw it up on paper or even use google Sketchup. I have done about 400 different scenarios for my basement without having to lift a thin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.