Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using my replaytv 5000 unit and dvarchive

I imported my first show to my pc and I get this error when I try to play the program thru windows media player...suggestions?
class factory cannot supply requested class

I have windows XP and have downloaded all the WMP updates.

Can ANYONE assist here? DV archive has deleted the show off of my replay ...so all I have is the mpg file on my pc...is there another program that plays the DVarchive mpg's out of the box?

Silver J

:confused:

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SilverJ
Can ANYONE assist here? DV archive has deleted the show off of my replay ...so all I have is the mpg file on my pc...is there another program that plays the DVarchive mpg's out of the box?
First - DVArchive didn't delete the show off your RTV without you a) specifically asking to have the show MOVED (vs copied) and b) if you picked that, it puts up a warning box telling you it's going to remove the show. Just in case part of the lament was that DVA did something to you :)

Second - this is covered in the included README.txt file. Even without putting anything on your PC, you can stream the show back to your RTV and play it back on your TV. There are sections on getting the write codec and software right in the README.txt (first place you should look for all questions, with TROUBLESHOOTING.txt and CHANGELOG.txt following them up close behind).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.