AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a model that will work well in the US. Wasnt clear from search what would. I assume these outputs would be progressive.

No more than around 300 bucks.

Thanks

Dave

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
One of the 4 players I own that you set your limit at only $300 would be the Toshiba SD-4800 Progressive scan and DVD-A

Under $200.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hob, I see that unit has component output, but dont see anything about RGB in the specs. Did I miss it?

dave

·
Banned
3,023 Posts
DVD players are all component (YUV) outputs, not RGB which is usually only on HD-STBs with a VGA connector. Don't you have component (YUV) inputs on your TV?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have component on my tv, and RGB on my front projector. I dont want to pay for, or put a converter in.

I know the Apex 800A had both for the price range, but they didnt sell for long. ( I have read this was the same as the Shinco 2828) Some say the Skyworth 1050D has RGB but sure cant find anything on their website to support this comment, so I wrote the company.

Dave

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Go here:

great player with the best de-interlacer out right now (faroj. chipset) for progressive scan output.

people says it has a few menu quirks but is a great player

There are photo's of the front and back of the unit, clearly showing an rgb (not scart) vga type output jack.

Be prepared to pay BIG on shipping, but the player is dirt cheap and your total is still under 300$ USD.

I would specifically spell out for them in an email what signal you want out of which outputs to cover yourself in case there is any issue later and you can get your credit card company to step in.

You're a lucky man, it me months to find this.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I am waiting on a delivery of a skyworth from Hivizone. However, there seems to be a detail they left out. The version ( maybe the only flavor )being sent apparently runs on English style current and plugs.

I visited 3 electronics, 2 travel, Sharper Image, Brookstone and Radio Shack today, in the crowds, no one has a transformer to step it up to use it in the U.S.

Help anyone? I am sure I can find it on the web but surely there has to be an easier way. I don't see a dual voltage switch on it.

The manual says:

Power source:

AC 85v-245v~,50hz/60hz

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
update:

VoltageConverters.com has pretty much everything you would ever need in most power capacities and MANY adpater plugs from both US to overseas and Overseas to US step up transformers also.

I just ordered a step up transformer for 16.95 and it included an adapter.

·
Registered
186 Posts
90% of all good european DVD players and tv's have RGB out/in on their scart connectors, it is used in europe instead of component in/out.

you are in fact asking for a VGA out (similar to that used on pc's), and this type of RGB is RGBHV (the aditional HV defines the sync signal).

so even if you find a DVD player with RGB out, this would most likely be on a scart connector, and you would need to use a transcoder to turn that into RGBHV. (good quality one costs about 200$)

so maybe search for a dvd player with vga out, or RGBHV out :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.