AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize for not being too bright but I need help. I have read the last 50 posts on this forum and still do not know what to purchase. I have a Dish vip722 receiver and all I want to do is record some sewing shows from my saved programs on my Dish hard drive on to DVR's. I do not want to edit or change anything, I just want to save the shows on DVR's. No high def, just plain old shows from the "home and Garden" type networks. Is there a BASIC unit I could buy just to do this without all the bells and whistles?? Thanx/Frank

·
Registered
11,579 Posts
Walmart actually has a good selection of inexpensive DVDR's, several around $100. You really don't need a tuner, use the S-video connection for best PQ. Personally I'd try to stick with the SP(2hr) mode for better PQ, but use what you feel comfortable with. If you use RW discs, you can record and erase the material. If you use R's they are cheaper, but one shot affairs, which cannot be reused. All discs except +RW's(and RAMS) will need to be finalized before being able to play on other machines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts