AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the size of my HT and how long the ceiling is, I need an electric screen with a drop of maybe 1-2" max. I have been looking at the elite cinetension, but those seem to have much more of a drop. I basically want it to only drop low enough to only see the masking but not the rest of that material on top.

·
Registered
404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler /forum/post/16999380

Due to the size of my HT and how long the ceiling is, I need an electric screen with a drop of maybe 1-2" max. I have been looking at the elite cinetension, but those seem to have much more of a drop. I basically want it to only drop low enough to only see the masking but not the rest of that material on top.

Drop on cinetension 2 is adjustable. Just double check the clearance. Once mounted to the ceiling, the case itself was several inches lower than my previous non-tensioned budget electric.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnewmanpac /forum/post/17000213

Drop on cinetension 2 is adjustable. Just double check the clearance. Once mounted to the ceiling, the case itself was several inches lower than my previous non-tensioned budget electric.

Do you mean the case hangs several INCHES off the ceiling??

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well that seems reasonable - I just don't want the screen to start like 12" below that .. anyone with cinetension can confirm that I can adjust it to like 2" from the top?

·
Registered
957 Posts
You can set the limits on the electric screens made by Draper, DaLite, Stewart, Vutec, etc. to achieve what you want.

You want to order a little more drop than you need, and adjust it with the limit switches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.