AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
look directly @ css web site they do have 3 designs, my self i built the 3.4 cu from css and like it. If you google this web site a couple will pop.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
I built a 4ft enclosure that works well. It has 3-axis bracing and magnet support, though I'd have to find my paper with all the specs on it...I don't do CAD drawings. A also have a few pictures too.

Anyway, design something yourself that fits your room. It's a sealed box, it doesn't get much easier than that

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stupid question of the day..

So a sealed box is something I can't screw up so long as I have the proper cu?

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
Well with a sealed box, you still have all the bracing (actually less) than what you would with ported because it's quite a bit smaller. You only have to make one hole in the box for the driver. You don't have to worry about volume quite as much and port placement, length, & diameter never has to be worried about.

Worst case scenario, you build a box, cut a hole in it, then glue in whatever scraps you have left over to be used as cross bracing.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by point1 /forum/post/15584473

stupid question of the day..

So a sealed box is something I can't screw up so long as I have the proper cu?

Just do something around 3-4 cubic feet and don't worry about it. With a sealed enclosure there is a lot of forgiveness, it won't make much difference,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts