AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent the last hour searching for previous answers without results so feel safe asking.

I want to buy TU-HDS20 to connect to my VGA (15pin) projector.

(Planning to buy from http://www.**************.com )

Which dish? I want my curent NTSC DirecTV plus I want to add the HD channels.

Sony SAN24MD1? ABT states "Additional LNB required for the satellite at 110°". What does this mean? Is the RCA DSA8900E preferred?

Nowhere can I find a picture of TU_HDS20 rear panel. It sounds like it has 5 BNC for RGBHV and thus I will need an adapter. Suggestions?

Lastly, will the TU-HDS20 connect to a D-VHS recorder like new JVC?

Thanks for the assistance.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I have this receiver. In most locations, you'll need an oval dish with two dual LNB's. One picks up the sat at 101(for most standard DTV channels and most locals) and the other the sat at 119 (HDTV, Para Todos, and a few others). In some (few) markets, locals come off of a sat at 110. Only in these cases would you need a third LNB, which mounts on the oval dish between the other two.

Of course, you can also get separate round dishes pointing at each bird.

All video Connections on the back of the STB are RCA jacks (except the S-Video). It does have 5 RCA's for RGBHV.

Not sure about how it would connect to a D-VHS recorder because I'm not familiar with that setup. Feel free to email me if you have any other questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.