AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Yamaha RX-V795A as an HT and audio receiver. It works fine, but has some limitations in connectivity. It doesn't support component, and only limited Svideo inputs, so I'm forced to use composite video for everything. The only alternative that I know of is to run the video for each component to the back of my TV, and so I end up switching inputs on the TV to change sources. Then, I have to run audio to the TV, or I end up with a lag through the receiver.

I want to be able to source my Tivo (Svideo), CatTV box (component), and DVD (component) into the receiver and then out to my TV via component. I'll also be adding a networked device for streamed audio, pics, and video so I need an input for this (composite/Svideo). Finally, I want to send audio output to up to 4 additional sets of speakers, although they do not need to be multi-zoned.

Can I do all of this from one receiver? Suggestions? Can I pass my HD video through this unit (after it comes out of the HD receiver) so I can still get surround audio? Under $1000 would be preferred.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.