AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi AVSForum,

I got tired of Denon's crappy remote control and even crappier iOS app, so I built my own.
It mainly controls the volume, can also mute & change input/source.
Sorry Android users, it's iOS only (I don't have time to learn Android for this).

I need feedback. Please can you try it out, tell me how it worked for you, and tell me what receiver you have that it works / does not work with?
It should work with all Denon receivers from 2013 or so, onwards... but I only have mine to test (X3300W). And i'm sure y'all are gonna have some great ideas I didn't think of too.

Open this link on your iPhone or iPad (or iPod touch) to get it...
https://testflight.apple.com/join/aK4NFwSM

----

A couple things you can do that might not be obvious:
- you can swipe up and down anywhere on the screen (does not have to be within the bounds of the volume bar)
- you can double-tap to mute
- if you hold your finger down for a second before starting to swipe (ie. long-press then swipe), the bar turns yellow and the volume change rate is slower. This is for when you want to make minor changes to the volume
- you can use the volume up/down buttons (on the side of the phone), even when the app is in the background, or when the phone is locked / screen off

Looking forward to your feedback!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi AVSForum,

I got tired of Denon's crappy remote control and even crappier iOS app, so I built my own.
It mainly controls the volume, can also mute & change input/source.
Sorry Android users, it's iOS only (I don't have time to learn Android for this).

I need feedback. Please can you try it out, tell me how it worked for you, and tell me what receiver you have that it works / does not work with?
It should work with all Denon receivers from 2013 or so, onwards... but I only have mine to test (X3300W). And i'm sure y'all are gonna have some great ideas I didn't think of too.

Open this link on your iPhone or iPad (or iPod touch) to get it...
https://testflight.apple.com/join/aK4NFwSM

----

A couple things you can do that might not be obvious:
- you can swipe up and down anywhere on the screen (does not have to be within the bounds of the volume bar)
- you can double-tap to mute
- if you hold your finger down for a second before starting to swipe (ie. long-press then swipe), the bar turns yellow and the volume change rate is slower. This is for when you want to make minor changes to the volume
- you can use the volume up/down buttons (on the side of the phone), even when the app is in the background, or when the phone is locked / screen off

Looking forward to your feedback!

It works great with my old 4520CI on my iPhone.

Good job!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
does it work for HEOS?

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I don't know: the app controls the master volume (MV) on Denon receivers. Does HEOS use the Master Volume?
Or asking another way, specifically what do you want controlled?
There is overlap between the AVR app and the HEOS app. between the 2, I use the HEOS app more often. In fact, i rarely use the AVR ap ( BTW I am on the 2016 version) I mostly use it to select the streaming source ( Tidal. Internet radio), as well as the zone volume. I can also Turn on/off zones and devices, group rooms etc.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK. Well, this app is designed to be really good & fast at changing the volume, which I don't find any of the Denon apps can do.
Did you try it out? Would love your feedback.
I just pushed an update that makes the app responsive to changes it didn't make, ie. if you change the volume with the remote then the app immediately updates also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts