AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have denon AVR 4311 and two HSU ULS 15 subs and need flat subwoofer cable to run across wood floors underneath rug. the subs are about 20-30 ft away from AVR. wireless is not an option as it interferes with my wifi

can I use flat speaker cable or do I need a flat cable for subwoofers?

is there a difference between speaker and subwoofer cable wire?

any suggestions/recommendations or am I posting in wrong thread?

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Signal cable should be shielded to reject any EMI noise and interference, and speaker cabled is not shielded.

Googling stuff like “flat coax” and “flat shielded cable” isn’t getting much beyond those little adapters they use to route coax through windows.

But keep in mind that if you did find some suitable cable you’re probably going to have to buy it by the foot and install your own connectors on the ends. Can you solder?

An alternative that might work would be to use a flat HDMI cable and a couple of HDMI to RCA converters . Looks like a pricey option though, as you'll need two of the adapters, and I don’t know if HDMI cable is shielded.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Install the correct cable in the walls, under the floor, above the ceiling, and/or behind baseboards/crown molding.

Most cables will fail eventually if walked on.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Bmp for Wayne A. Pflughaupt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.