AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Mitsubishi 65 inch full 1080i CRT RPTV. Since I adjusted it, it has an absolutely stunning picture from HD sources (Cable TV). No scanning lines, no pixels, tack sharp, etc. (On HD programming) I sit rather close to the set, about seven feet away or so.

After reading many threads here on various types of RPTV, I am wondering if this yearning for 1080P sets is a desire mainly for the consumer that wants to go with the DLP and LCD type technology, where there are distinct pixels? Indeed with more pixels, the individual pixel would be less noticeable and the picture would appear smoother for close-up viewing on these fixed pixel sets. (as compared to 710p) Is this even relevant for CRT projectors?

I just wonder if this 1080P thing has anything to improve in a CRT HD RPTV?

I am really a newby on this, so please any comments welcome.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
The only displays that benefit from a 1080p input are 1080p displays so this is something that does not really affect 1080i/720p displays. As for 1080p being relevant to CRTs technically resolution benefits all display technologies, but for cost reasons 1080i is the standard for RP CRTs.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
The yearning for 1080p comes from people who have bought 1080p displays that have crummy chips and are throwing away the resolution gains they should have had. Rear Projection CRT doesn't do that with 1080i material--love what you have and let the know it alls bask in vertical resolution INFERIORITY, black level INFERIORITY and Replacement bulb insanity!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.