AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro /forum/post/0

Can some one point to step by step guide how to set up NMH for PS3 for video sharing?

thanks

I am with you also. I need a guide. I have it running but it slow.

But it is the best one from streaming unsupport video to the PS3, at least right now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It sounds like you guys need to verify that the "Nero Scout" service is running and has indexed the files you want to view on the PS3. If you do that and have NMH set up to share everything on your PC they should show up. You can also limit which folders are shared in NMH, so verify that you haven't told that application not to share the folder you're trying to use.

With this update everything has been working great for me, just waiting for the PS3 to support full 5.1 in playback (instead of converting it to stereo output.)

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR0NE /forum/post/0

It sounds like you guys need to verify that the "Nero Scout" service is running and has indexed the files you want to view on the PS3. If you do that and have NMH set up to share everything on your PC they should show up. You can also limit which folders are shared in NMH, so verify that you haven't told that application not to share the folder you're trying to use.

With this update everything has been working great for me, just waiting for the PS3 to support full 5.1 in playback (instead of converting it to stereo output.)

I didn't use Nero Scout, but I did individually select My Music, My Pictures, and My Videos as directories to share. Is there a reason this would not work?

Again, the PS3 does see Nero MediaHome as a server, but no files show up.

I will try Nero Scout to see if that works.

·
Registered
805 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal87 /forum/post/0

I didn't use Nero Scout, but I did individually select My Music, My Pictures, and My Videos as directories to share. Is there a reason this would not work?

Again, the PS3 does see Nero MediaHome as a server, but no files show up.

I will try Nero Scout to see if that works.

Probably Nero Home is pointing at Nero Scout to find your stuff. I just used Nero Scout to index and then Nero MediaHome worked fine. That seemed to be the easiest way.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Ok i got it to play back some video but it is so slow. How much memory on your pc do you guys have? I am about to upgrade to 4 GBs I have vista ultimate running a a dual core 3.2 GHZ box

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
I can see the server and see the actual thumbnails of the videos on the ps3, but when I play the videos I get a delay followed by 'access denied'.

I only have a 2.4 with 1gb of memory, but there is no increase in processor or memory utilization on the box when I try to play the files.

XP firewall is off, I am not using wireless, and upnp is enabled on my router.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I find (running Nero w/Scout over G) that the XMB needs just a little User Delay to behave properly when browsing directories.

ie: scan for servers, hit O, go to Video, browse by Album, hit the folder I want, and i get that message (or one of the other Server denied messages).

But, if I slow down, give each step a second or two, then wait for the thumbnails to finish loading, i rarely get those messages.

·
Registered
729 Posts
The access denied shows up when the nero server has to transcode the video into a different format. If you reselect the video 5 times in a row it might play, the denied message sometimes goes away and it then plays anyway.

Try playing a regular mpeg2 video, should work fine.

When playing divx avi files, the video is way ahead of the audio. I think this is a problem with the NeroHome server.

I will try Orb or another server, see if it can handle transcoding.

I have noticed that when a transcoded video is playing, it can not be paused/ffwd/rewd, just stopped. I do not know where this problem lies, proberbly Nero again, if mpeg2 files play fine, as the Ps3 sees them all the same.

·
Registered
873 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.