AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a Dish 6000 installed with the OTA module. I live in Philadelphia and would like to mount an antenna to improve OTA reception. Any recommendations? (I decided to getthe Dish 6000 because I haven't heard anything I like better about Direct TV. I'm mostly concerned with local channels, 720p output, and more HD, so Dish 6000 seemed like the way to go).

Any antenna recommendations or items I should get along with the Dish 6000 would be helpful!

------------------
Pictures: The Worm Hole Theater featuring the Black Hole Subs and Death Star Platform

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
You will need to provide more information. The things that are important are: VHF/UHF or UHF alone, how far are you from the transmitters, do you have mutipath (ghosting), outside/inside antenna, do you have a clear line of sight to towers, attic install vs roof install, are the stations all in a single direction, or scattered about.

SM

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm only interested in SDTV and HD... VHS/UHF?

I want to mount an antenna for digital OTA reception for the DIDH 6000 OTA module. I may as well get a top of the line outdoor antenna to be mounted on the roof along with the (2) Dish satelittes. Also, how much should I pay ('slide') the installer extra to mounnt and install the OTA antenna while mounting the DISH Satellittes? I live in outskirts of Philadelphia, not in the city (15 minutes out from Center City) and I'm not sure what reception qualities are like. I expect no problems but would like a high quality roof antenna for best quality.

------------------
Pictures: The Worm Hole Theater featuring the Black Hole Subs and Death Star Platform

[This message has been edited by Health Nut (edited 05-27-2001).]

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would suggest to visit www.antennaweb.org or visit www.titantv.com . By visiting this sites and placing your home address it will show you how far you are from the broadcast towers and also recommends what antenna to use and where to point the antenna.

Good luck.

------------------

PeterDz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.