AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am taking a 2 hour flight soon, enough time to try out a few pairs of headphones. I found RadioShack had some audiotechnica anc7b's oN sale .. are they worth picking up? In 2 weeks after my two hour flight I have a flight to China. So I need a pair of headphones for that trip mainly. Any other Model u guys suggest I try out?

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
So I am taking a 2 hour flight soon, enough time to try out a few pairs of headphones. I found RadioShack had some audiotechnica anc7b's oN sale .. are they worth picking up? In 2 weeks after my two hour flight I have a flight to China. So I need a pair of headphones for that trip mainly. Any other Model u guys suggest I try out?
What is your budget?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whatever it takes to get a really good pair of noise cancelling headphones without going ridiculous. Momentum wireless looks good at the moment

·
Registered
16,705 Posts

·
Registered
10,377 Posts
Whatever it takes to get a really good pair of noise cancelling headphones without going ridiculous. Momentum wireless looks good at the moment
That would be my choice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am using the Audio-Technica-ATH-ANC23-QuietPoint, which are in-ear ... they do a great job in the sound as well as the ANC department, they are cheap-ish (50$) and they take minimal space in your carry-on. Battery life is great and extra AAAs are easy to come by

·
Registered
5 Posts
That would be my choice.
Are we talking the new Momentum Wireless 499$ cans? Not really cheap ... plus you are not 'supposed' to use BT on flights ... which makes the wireless point rather moot ... I have been looking at those a LOT, love LOVE the design .. but there are some reports that the BT 4 protocol does seem to have issues with the iOS environment ...

Allegedly the Bose QC25 have the best ANC, 299$ and wired .. I have not had a chance to try them yet .. tried the QC15 .. and they just look extremely dorky on my head :) I spare you the picture :D

·
Registered
10,377 Posts
Are we talking the new Momentum Wireless 499$ cans? Not really cheap ... plus you are not 'supposed' to use BT on flights ... which makes the wireless point rather moot ... I have been looking at those a LOT, love LOVE the design .. but there are some reports that the BT 4 protocol does seem to have issues with the iOS environment ...

Allegedly the Bose QC25 have the best ANC, 299$ and wired .. I have not had a chance to try them yet .. tried the QC15 .. and they just look extremely dorky on my head :) I spare you the picture :D
Yup the Momentum 2 wireless. It has a wired active and passive mode as well, so BT isn't the only way to use it. Regarding that it also has APTX which is not supported by IOS sadly, so it would appeal to Android or Windows phone users a bit more. Bose does have the industry leading ANC, but as usual their sound is not quiet Sennheiser league IMO or many others who heard both.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts