AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sony STR - DG720 receiver on a shelf on the wall about 4 - 6 inches below my tv thats mounted on the wall (Samusng LNT5271F). oh and on top of the receiver is a samsung speaker that pretty much is a hair's space away from touching the base of the TV.

My question: Is that to close to the tv because i noticed some sporadic wave squiggly lines that com up from the bottom of the tv and before I go making all kinds of call... my reason for questioning is because I thought all speakers and recievers were magnetically shielded to avoid this but is this to close of a setup and the reason for my problem??

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I wouldn't have anything sitting on top of a receiver.

Your TV is a LCD I assume. It should be impervious to any magnetic field. At any rate most CC speakers are magnetically shielded. Don't know what the problem might be other than heat. Does the receiver get warm?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No more than usual but I was thinking its the only possible cause.

I was hoping to not have to take down that whole set up if this was not the case. I'm sure the speakers are shielded but not sure about the receivers and 3 -6 inches may be too close.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts